dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Daniel Powter Still Charming The Pants Of The U.S.

Pop crooner Daniel Powter is so ugly that I couldn't possibly torture you all by posting another picture of him. However, his single, "Bad Day," remains atop the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for a second week. The rest of the chart is beyond being a drag. In fact, like, whatever! Daniel Powter. What? Why hasn't someone dropped a piano on him from a 12-story building yet?

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Bad Day" - Daniel Powter *2 weeks*
2. "Temperature" - Sean Paul
3. "You're Beautiful" - James Blunt
4. "What You Know" - T.I.
5. "Be Without You" - Mary J. Blige
6. "Unwritten" - Natasha Bedingfield
7. "So Sick" - Ne-Yo
8. "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" - Dem Franchize Boys
9. "Ms. New Booty" - Bubba Sparxxx
10. "I'm N Luv (Wit A Stripper)" - T-Pain feat. Mike Jones

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    miaowww! I am not sure if I have admitted that I like the Bad Day song. I think Daniel is even more hated b/c he is lumped in with Blunt as part of a new weepie male singer thing. DP does need to gain some weight though, he looks like male Nicole Richie in recent press.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    i have to confess that I like the Daniel Powter song, and his album isn't tooooo bad. At least when you listen to it you don't have to see him - and hey! People aren't buying his or J-Blu's music because of their looks!! The world needs a hot male pop star again - hmmmm (ponders starting recording career ;) )

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger J'ason D'luv said…

    I, too, paid to download the "Bad Day" single. But, child, there's no denying the fact that Daniel Powter is just plain unfabulous.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Mrs. Powter said…

    Daniel is way hotter than that femme, Brandon Flowers. He looks like a real man. :)

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Quatch said…

    The Daniel Powter song, while I didn't like it at first. After being bombarded with it on American Idol and really listening to it, now I actually really like it alot! Go figure! Anyhow, try my take on it (and listen to it while you read my blog if you can - it helps, trust me on this!) Here's the blog - http://hadabaddate.blogspot.com

    Leave a comment if you like it (I hope!)

    Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home